Ovarian cancer drugs

• 6 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi,

has anyone had  Carboplatin and Paclitaxel for their treatment? I had 4 sessions, then surgery and I still have to have other 2 chemio.

I m interested in knowing if anyone with stage 3C has successfully completed the 6 sessions and declared cancer free. I also need to know how many weeks after your debulking surgery you had a CTscan to check in if there was cancer left.

Thank you 

• Hello Azzurra

I’m also stage 3c and have had the carbo/pac combination (I did have nabpac as I was allergic to the standard Paclitaxel ) . I had 4 treatments before surgery as a delay was made due to having to have both gynaecologist surgeon and colorectal surgeon together I then had 3 chemotherapy treatments and with the last one bevacizumab was added. I also then started Olaparib as I’m BRACA1. A few months after the chemotherapy treatment was finished and the maintenance treatment began I had a scan.., this is because new “baseline” is needed. It was very good news as we achieved NED ( no evidence of disease) the scan showed no active cancer and my tumour marker the CA125 was just 8!! This was in March is year and I’m happy to report I’ve remained stable!! All treatment is different but they’ll probably want you to complete all your chemotherapy then they can scan you to see what has been achieved and fingers crossed it will be an amazing outcome x x take care x x 

• I don't think i have ever had a CT scan straight after surgery as there is a lot of inflammation after surgery which makes scans difficult to interpret, so they prefer to leave it for a while for things to settle down.

CT scans are mostly  done at the end of treatment. You should have one within a month of chemo finishing for it to be clinically meaningful. Start chasing this appointment after you get through your final chemo session.

• Very helpful. This is what I thought, but oncologist was asking for one. Thank you

• Hi, my aunt (stage 3b) has recently completed carbo/pac chemo after debulking surgery end May. She had an MRI scan early August and was told cancer free at her review appointment end August.

• encouraging news, so happy for your aunt!

• Btw - she’s 75.