chemio therapy after debulking surgery (hysterectomy)

• 7 replies
  • 54 subscribers

I am wondering if anyone who had the debulking surgery  (and 3 or 4 chemio sessions before) can tell me how it feels after surgery recovery to have chemio? Did you feel same sort of body reaction as before having surgery? I mean in terms of the chemio side effects.....were they worse after surgery? did you feel more pain?

Thank you 

• Didn't have more pain didn't feel well after so second one got cancelled as got a uti but don't think that was anything todo with the chemotherapy hope this helps 

• Hi , I had 4 chemo before surgery and 2 after ( my last one last Friday). Chemo started again 6 weeks post surgery and I was worried the side effects would be more intense and to my surprise actually just the same as before and manageable . I’m stage 3 c high grade. Think I found the first 4 weeks post surgery the hardest part so far. Best wishes for ongoing recovery and treatment. X

• Have you got to have anymore treatment I am stage 4b and I have one more chemotherapy left then I go every 3 weeks for treatment for a year but I have noticed everybody treatment plan is different 

• Hi , yes I had Avastin added into my final chemo last Friday, this will continue every 3 weeks , infusion , will take around 30 minutes each time for around 15 months. I am BARAC 2 positive so hopefully will be prescribed Olaparid tablets PARP later this month. I think the maintenance treatment depends on the subtype of OC , there are different PARP. There is a lot of information about maintenance treatments on target ovarian and ovacome websites, that may be interesting for you to see. Hope your last chemo goes ok . End of one chapter and the beginning of another on this journey. Best wishes with ongoing treatments. S X 

• Hi Sem,

thank you, that is what I wanted to know

i have other 2 chemio (after surgery)

My surgery was almost 4 weeks ago, yes the first 3 were the hardest

x

• It’s tough . When I got to week 5/6 it quite quickly got better, just needed to remember not to overdo it . Xx

• At 3rd week I could walk half a hour, now no discomfort xx