Menstrual Cycle

• 1 reply
  • 43 subscribers

I was diagnosed with endometrioid ovarian adenocarcinoma and had a 15cm tumour removed in February.

I was diagnosed in November - I hadn’t had a proper period then, or a period at all in December. It returned to normal in January but had a very light one in Feb, last month and now this month.

The surgeon says all the tumour was removed - and it was just the tumour and one ovary (it wasn’t identified so they presume the tumour must have engulfed it). CA125 is back to a normal level.

The cancer is currently unstaged as the oncologist wants to take me back to theatre to check for any signs of spread (the surgeon says there were no visible signs in Feb) and take biopsies and tissue samples etc if necessary.

Just wondering if there is a connection between the periods and the cancer?

My CNS says it’s probably stress related and she may be right although the first light period was in November before I knew there was anything wrong…

• Hi  

I can't help with your questions but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"