Bevacizumab

• 5 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi I had my first treatment of Bevacizumab last Friday. I have to receive this every three weeks. What’s everyone’s experience with this I’m so worried waiting to get my blood test and results in two weeks.

• Hi I have had 4 Bevacizumab since January along with weekly Paclitaxel so different to your treatment, but my scan after 3 months is positive.  I think it is normal to worry about the blood test results, but this is my third year of chemo and as long as I feel  well and try to keep active nothing too strenuous for me, but getting outside makes me feel better. The problem I have with the combination i am currently having is the effect it has had on the skin on my hands and nails, I think I’m going to lose my nails which is not great. I hope your results move in the right direction. 

• Thank you for your reply. I’ve been on paclitaxel since June until two weeks ago. My nails turned black and my skin wasn’t great either, the gp gave me Dermol 500 for my skin and I was advised against using perfumes deodorants or shower gel, I had to use the Dermol 500 in place of shower gel. I hope this helps and thanks again it’s reassuring to hear you are on your fourth Bevacizumab. Hope the rest of your treatment goes well.

• Hi I was diagnosed stage 4b ovarian last October , 4 cycles chemo could only have carboplatin as allergic to others then debulking surgery feb 7 th had two further carboplatin and on second one introduced avastin which he said he wanted me on for two years , however I developed an awful rash itching all over sore hands and could have cycle three of chemo or avastin as they don’t know which one is causing such sensitivity. So I am on high dose steroids and seeing consultant again Friday hopefully for a plan what next , I was doing very well ca125 down to 12 all going good so really hoping I can get further treatment to stop this cancer raising its head again . I also have the BRCA2 gene so dealt with a double whammy . So as far as the avastin and carboplatin goes I would  be interested to know if anyone else has had reactions to carboplatin after 6 doses or reaction to avastin and what was the next phase . X 

best wishes Teressa 

• I had the carboplatin and paclitaxel ones lucky with no side effects and hopefully exhaustion and sore back are my only side effects now but I’ve only had one round next one is due Friday. I hope you get on well on Friday x