In newly diagnosed and so scared

• 26 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all I was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer a few weeks ago with some suspicion on my omentum and two peritoneal nodes I go to see my consultant tomorrow to discuss it thoroughly and treatment I'm terrified they'll say its just palliative care is anyone else in this situation? 

• Thanks SEM, I will do. Thinking of you too as you start chemo. I really hope it doesn't effect you as bad as it has me.  Tuesday I'm going in for a 3 hr blood transfusion prior to surgery as I'm now anaemic. My surgeon is Royal Surrey's too gynae oncologist surgeon so that is reassuring. Take care, & speak soon. Ps I bet you rock short hair! Xx

• Your in good hands Kazwaz , yes short hair rocks for the next week xx

• You are my inspiration as stage 3 diagnosed and I thought that was the end. This group is amazing, thank you.  x

• Hi P8MOS, I like you have just recieved news that I have stage 4 ovarian cancer, which has spread to my peritinium and lymph node. I am awaiting a hospital appt. where they will discuss tratment. My cancer nurse informed me that it will be 3 rounds of chemo first. Do you know what reatment you will be having as I thought they would do a debulking and take everything away.

• Hi I had my first chemotherapy last week felt OK first few days then had a lot of pain for last few days so sore and painful hoping it gets easier but I do feel it's targeting the areas hope that's true my ascites has gone right down so that's good hope it gets better each day ready for the next treatment 

• I'm having three rounds of chemo then really praying I can have surgery

• I have recently been diagnosed with stage 4 too I went to see my consultant yesterday and having a weekly course of chemotherapy and then on 3rd week have a extra one 

• Good luck with your chemo Im stoll waiting for appt. Meanwhile my ankles an feet are swelling up on an evening something to do with the lymph drainage. not sure if I need to wear compression stockings so seeking some advice. Hoping my appt comes thro soon as feel in limbo land. 

•  Hi , I am still waiting to see the consultant to start chemo. Find the waiting for appt the worse as my mind flits from being positive to being very scared. Keep me posted on how your chemo goes, I am a patient at the Royal Hallamshire Sheffield so will be having my trratment there. Where are you recieving your chemo. Prayers for you and hoping all goes well. x

• Good morning & Happy Easter! SunflowerSunflowerSunflower

An update on my surgery..

So I went in 7th March. Had 7 hour surgery. My surgeon managed to remove all visible cancer, took out the mass, my omentum, appendix and many lymph nodes (they were tricky as all around major arteries) plus full hysterectomy. I was in hospital a week. My bowel was fine as was my spleen, 2 areas they were concerned about, so that was all a huge relief!

Recovery is slow and difficult if I'm honest, My stomach is so delicate and sore & and I have felt very low & tearful but as everyone says I need to be kind & gentle to myself as I tend to get frustrated and then feel bad about myself. I have a follow up next week & will have a date to restart chemo to hopefully remove what has spread to my lungs & neck Pray & I am hopeful of going into remission after my next 3 sessions. 

My family and friends have been so supportive but I can't help feeling lonely in my situation when everyone is getting on with their lives & being happy.  I guess living alone doesnt help. But still I try and walk 10 mins a day and use my CALM app to meditate & stay connected with others. 

I feel fortunate to have got to this stage & so far so good in terms of my plan going 'to plan' and I hope this gives you & others hope, especially as its clear cell & not so easy to treat. I know it is not that straight forward for some. 

And how are you doing..seems you've had quite a time of it? Xxx