Retacrit side effects.

• 1 reply
  • 21 subscribers

Is anyone aware of side effects from Retacrit subcutaneous injections, I’m just three weeks into treatment and looking for phased return to work following myloe dysplasia diagnosis. I’m sleeping badly but the shock of the diagnosis is still making life difficult.

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community. I am Mike and I help out around our blood cancer groups. I don't have MDS but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 years old with another rare, incurable type of blood cancer reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so I do know this journey rather well although not necessarily some of the treatments you are on

In the early days it’s all about understanding and once you get more information and talk with others the journey will get more understandable.

So let’s look for the group members to pick up on your post. There are a number of active group members at the moment so why not click on the main ‘Main Group’ title and this will bring up all the group posts. Have a look at the posts and as always you can hit reply to any post and connect in with the wider group conversations.

You may also want to check to see if you have a Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing and most centres do run monthly Heamatology Support Groups most are online at the moment….. the one I attend does have a few folks with MDS in it so worth checking.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. You may also find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

You may also want to check out MDS - UK for some good information and have various support platforms.

Always around if you need further help or just want to talk.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge