Throat cancer

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

Not sure if I'm in the right group but couldn't find a group for throat cancer. My husband has recently been diagnosed with a T3 throat (thorax) cancer. Hes had an op to debulk the tumour so he was able able to breathe more easy. He has a feeding tube into his stomach as food wasnt going into his stomach but was settling on his chest. He has am appointment on thurs to make a mask ready for radiotherapy.  He will have at least 6 wks of radiotherapy.  Just wondered if there were any others who are going through the same or similar?

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but I am so sorry to read about your husbands diagnosis but I do hope you will find the support available in the community helpful.

You will find talking with others who are walking the exact same type of cancer treatment support path (my one is completely different) will help you navigate this challenging time.

The New to Community is like the Community Reception area. As there are many cancer types and experiences, likewise the Community has many dedicated support groups to allow you to connect with others who understand so can I recommend you start by joining our Head and neck cancer group as this will be a good starting point.

Navigating the community will depend on the device you are using. To go to the group just click on the Green link I have created above.

When the group page opens choose [Join]……. A black box with text will also be visible so you can also join by clicking anywhere in the black box.

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a new post by clicking in the box near the top with + New (Computers) or + (Mobile Devices). You will then see a dropdown menu so why not hit ‘Start a Discussion in New here, say hello’

You could just copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can search through existing ‘Discussions’ and click 'reply' if you want to put up a comment.

When it comes to the practical challenges of supporting someone you may benefit from joining our supportive Family and friends  group where you will connect with others supporting family and friends

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

Alway around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge