Second R-CHOP and bad reaction

• 8 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Had my second R-chop yesterday and on returning home was shaking and freezing- tang helpline and they said ambulance! My temperature was sky high and they feared sepsis- a way after lots of tests was allowed home - seems it was a reaction to the faster speed of the R- chop being administered- all fine now. Anyone else had this reaction. Pic of me at end of chemo session. 

• Well done  getting through your second hit.

Unfortunately reactions happen and at times these pass as quick as they come. Your body is not made for going though this so no wonder it complains, it’s scary when it does but you are basically a passenger on this journey and you just have to ride the waves as best as you can ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction but glad that all is fine now xx

• Hi Joolz.  Just wondered how you were doing.  Hope you are OK xx

• Hi am fine - had 3rd no problems now just waiting for PET SCAN. To find out if it’s working - scared Flushed

• Glad your OK.  I'm not having another PET scan until 3 weeks after my last chemo.   I did have a CAT scan after my 4th (should have been after my 3rd but there was a long waiting list)  and the results were good but I was stressed and scared too waiting for the results.  I think its only natural. I had my 5th chemo on Friday so only 3 weeks to go to my last one .... Hurrah!  I have also been fine so far.  I had a huge lump in my armpit which I did know had definitely shrunk so I knew the chemo was doing something but worried that maybe it wasn't doing enough.  I won't be truly convinced until I've had the PET scan though because they are much more sensitive and show any signs of activity and not just 'masses' or 'lumps'.  Take care  {hugs} xx

• Sounds positive for you xx

• Highlander need advice I’m due 5 Round on Tuesday of R-CVP , I am already very disabled I fractured my neck/ Broken in 1976 I can not walk much on lots of meds but after 4 round my fingers are continuing to go numb and getting bad pain where my spinal injury is and my medication is Stopping suddenly not tailing of as before Chemo do you know if my problem is permanent or temporary as I’m scared 5 round might make my hand totally usless spine pain unbearable. Advice needed urgent please Ty 

• Hi , sorry to hear your update.

On the whole most people find the peripheral neuropathy will pass once the chemo has went through your body but some folks find it lingers much longer.

You do need to highlight your concerns to your client clinical team before starting your next cycle ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge