Aggressive non hodgkins b cell lymphoma

• 17 replies
  • 15 subscribers

please share any information that you can relate to 

• Every journey is ever so different but by the time I went for my first chemo I looked like I had swallowed a brick!! It was something out of a Tom and Jerry film. My jaw had seized, my gums had swollen and were coming up to cover my teeth. I was having great difficulty eating and was living on a liquid diet and my breathing was starting to be restricted.

I had an initial blast of chemo and we could actually see my gums receding and my teeth started to show……. The night shift nurse team kept coming into see me as they had never seen anything like it…… I got out a few days later and this got me through our family Christmas. It was amazing the difference that first a Chemo blast made to the point I actually had some Christmas dinner…. I went back a few days later and started my first of 6 cycles of chemo….. this had me in hospital for 5 nights/6 days on my 2 IV chemo pumps 24/7 for over 120 hrs for each cycle.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• I have the same type and I’m on my 4 cycle. Everyone is different of course but my experience is that the difference was noticeable after 2 cycles. The consultant will give you a more definitive picture of progress and you should be guided by their advice. Basically, expect to go with it day by day and n ver ignore the the need to rest and look after oneself. For me it’s one of the most dramatic things that has happened to me in my life. 

• Feel so helpless just sitting here watching him go through all of this but thank you for sharing ur experience

• I will always say that it can be as hard of not harder for the family looking on ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Allow perhaps two cycles to see real improvement. It has billions of cells to kill off. The Rituxan (the R in the mix) is especially effective as it targets a protein on the cell surface of B-Lymphocytes. And not to worry about loss of the good  B-Lymphocytes, as we function rather well even if they are low. I received a similar drug to Rituxan in a clinical trial and even years later was still "B-Cell depleted even though I had no difficulty with infections or other  immune manifestations.

Bottom line: Pray, hope and don't worry. Allow hope to displace worry.

One cancer (PTCL-NOS) 3 times. Two other cancers: Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma 2 times, and 20q deletion MyeloDysplastic Syndrome) were chemo refractory. All three cancers simultaneously in 2015. Stage IV twice + MDS @ 23% of marrow. 12/22 diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Thus far, 14+ years, 20 drugs, 4 clinical trials, Total Body Irradiation, 1,000+ years of background radiation from scans. 7th remission so far. Haploidentical stem cell transplant, acute > chronic Graft-versus-Host-disease. Currently receiving my 7th GvHD regimen.

• Hi guys 

I’m back again my dad had his first set of chemo as an inpatient and was going to be discharged ysdy but then as we was about to go waiting for the porter to arrive his bp was very low and they started investigating whyFace palm tone1‍♀️

they said we couldn’t go as it could be first signs of sepsis back on the drip he was with Iv antibiotics 

taking a turn for the worst now they said it covid Frowning2️

• Sorry to hear this  let’s look for things to improve quickly ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge