Desperate for doctors to tell me anything about what's happening to.my body.

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Hello. 

I'm new here and this is my first post. 

For the last two years I've been having issues with hormones and gyne. I was hospitalised 3 times with suspected endometriosis, then adenomyosis and following that. I was told i also had ulcerative colitis (a bowel disease). Then they decided j was just impacted and refused me pain relief but kept me in hospital. All of this happened over 6 months until January 20th. When a surgeon decided to do an emergency laparoscopy and found a neuroendocrine tumor in my appendix.

Following surgery I was initially told I had nothing to worry about. Had a CT scan and a doctor told me an hour later I was 'cured' and to go home. I went home and tried to get on with life. But I felt so unwell and wasn't healing at all and didn't understand why. Fast forward two weeks I get a call from an oncologist who I had never met or heard of before telling me that I need more scans because my original CT was so lit up with inflammation in the surrounding nodes. I'm now waiting 3 months in the hope that it just 'goes away' I guess.

I've had no information at all and had to do my own research mostly. I've only spoken to one oncologist over the phone and heard nothing since then. 

My question is, has anyone else experienced this lack of communication from thier doctors? I feel like I'm asking for too much when I call and ask for answers and never seem to get them anyway. 

If you read all this  thank you Blush 

• Hello Star2023

This lack of communication from your doctors must be really frustrating at a time when you have lots of understandable questions and need answers. 

Can your GP do anything? They would have reports etc from your consultant that they may be able to talk you through? They may also be able to contact your consultant on your behalf directly?  My GP was able to do this for me by contacting my oncologist's secretary directly. 

In the mean time I will pop a link here that may give you a bit more info.

Neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) | Macmillan Cancer Support

I hope this may help a bit

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm