mum been diagnosed poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma,,, stage 4

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

hi everyone,, to

xut a very long story short,,, my mum had pain 4 years ago, and they couldnt find anything wrong with her after 6 weeks in hospital they took her appendix out and discharged her,,, saying that they would follow it up.. they never did,, my mum was treated very badly and lost faith.. doctors made her feel line she was going crazy imagining the pain.. 

She continued with pain off and on for 4 years  until 2 months ago she got admitted with pain in her lower tummy area,, and they found a tumour advanced in her bowel,, stage 4,,  we are all heartbroken..  

guess what its next to where the appendix was!!!! 

we are now still waiting to hear what her treatment plan is,,if there is one now,,,, we have been waiting for 2 weeks now,, they are having meetings behind the scenes,, is what we are being told,, meanwhile, she had a scan and now her tumour has grown amd nodules elsewhere have grown too..  not the news you want to hear.. 

i feel angry frustrated and very lonely,, helpless to see her in pain,, and all we can do is wait.. she is angry

the irony is, she was a sister on the ENT ward for 30 years for the NHS.. 

can anyone give us advice or hope, or anything to make us and  me feel better,, she is my hero,, my world has shattered and its out of control. 

• Georgee,

Your mum's experience sounds all too familiar unfortunately. My wife's was similar.

You'll get a lot of information on the Neuroendocrine Cancer UK website. Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

WDJ