Menopause

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

Long story short had pancreatic cancer in the late 1980s full whipples procedure cured. Then in the early 1990s diagnosed with nets on the liver, so far the condition is very slow growing so am not having any treatment just annual scans,tests and visit to my consultant. Now the big question having reached the age of menopause I am getting all the problems low mood, hot flushes, night sweats, weight gain.  Just trying to get some advice on possible treatments that are safe to take with liver nets? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question about what possible treatments are safe to take but I've had a look through the group and found these posts which mention the menopause. You could have a look through them and if any are relevant contact the poster to see if they can help you further.

Another avenue for you to explore would be to speak your CNS, sometimes known as a keyworker, as they should be able to give you advice on what is and isn't safe to take.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"