Hello new here diagnosed multiple myloma

• 16 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Hi just wondering how people deal with back pain caused by multiple myeloma diagnosed 4 months ago

• Hi. Kizi.    Kevin here.   I have. MM.  and I am presently in remission .      I take pregalin   Pain killer prescribed by my consultant for  neuropathy pains  I guess first you need to know the source of the pain.   Yes it’s your back.   But is it spine ?    Have you had an MRI ?       Your consultant would be the best place to start       Are you presently on treatment for MM ?          D. V. T. B ?       Kevin 

• Hi Kevin I had lots of fractures in my lower back i was on a radar trial and had for 4cycles of chemo and steroids etc I have had my stem cells taken so waiting on a transplant only medication I am on just now is aciclovir

• I have slow release tablets and oxynorm liquid 

• Hi Kizi welcome to the group.

sorry to hear you are experiencing spinal pain. I have MM & I am currently in remission. I do get aches more than pain I tend to keep moving & take pain killers prescribed.

i was at my Maggie’s group last week & one of the people at the group was telling me she has had an implant into her abdomen of which gives her a slow realese of morphine throughout the day she was also experiencing spinal pain due to the cancer being in her bones, may be worth your while chatting to your consultant she said it was a game changer for her & her pain control. I will be chatting with mine if my pain does progressively get worse which I believe it will. 
    wishing you all the best.

jacquie x

• That is exactly what I am on over 2 yrs down the line and recently having a really bad spell of severe back pain and find that OxyNorm works. I ended up on OxyNorm as Morphine doesn't work for me.Still struggle getting out of bed.

I hope you find a solution that works for you Kizi all the best. 

• Thank you so.much jacquie for your reply I will keep that in mind 

Since I posted my comment I have had a phone call going in for sct on Friday 

• Thanks for that I was on the morphine but it did not help.oxy norm and oxypro

Slow release seems to help.a wee bit 

• Hi Kizi

hope all goes well with the SCT you will be fine.

regards

jacquie x

• Thank you so much x

• Hi  I am now 120+ days post SCT. on lenalidomide  and Zopeta ( for my bones)!      Most days I feel great    Now walking our dog again cutting grass.    Etc.   good luck with yours.     Research what to take.       I guess you will be having a. PICC line !  ?    Kevin.