Hello everyone

• 7 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi everyone, I am new to forum but I would like to share my myeloma journey with you.

I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in October 2022 following months of severe rib pain and tiredness. I was fortunate that on first visit to my GP he recognised the signs, arranged blood tests and had diagnosis a week later. I began treatment on 29 November the day after my 62nd birthday which was 4 cycles of DVTD then the processes towards SCT in May 23. I was really poorly throughout the treatment but after transplant I did start to improve. My consultant suggested a further 2 cycles together with lenalidomide. As I was so unwell with the treatment it was agreed I would only take lenalidomide. I started this last August and once again started to feel very unwell. I started having terrible pain again which I didn’t have throughout the treatment. I also have had continuous cold symptoms and streaming nose, and awful tinnitus. Although the doseage has been reduced I am still suffering same symptoms. I have had an mri scan which has not shown any new lesions but my consultant is now considering radiotherapy to help pain.

I am so disappointed to still be feeling unwell and having terrible pain as I had so much hope I would be well after stem cell transplant. Hopefully better days ahead for us all. 

• We   are  all  on different  journeys and   we hope for the best to help us recover,      i await the    results of my SCT         post op +   5 days so   in   isolation,        at the moment,     hope so new treatments    come  forward for you soonest   Kevin

• Hi , i was diagnosed in Sept 23.I have since had 12 weeks of chemo and I am currently undergoing tests to see if I can have stem cell treatment.I am tired all the time and feeling low.I sounds like the treatment you have had is rough.I hope you feel better soon.regards , Mal

• Thank you Mal. Treatment is tough and seems we all react to chemotherapy in different ways. I hope you are suitable to have stem cell transplant then on the road to recovery. Wishing you all the best going forward.

• Hi Annie , thankyou so much.A big day tomorrow , I have a 2 hr appointment with stem cell head nurse , I dont know what awaits .I have had all tests done and I am anxious .kind regards , Mal

• Hi Mal, wow that’s great news you have appointment tomorrow and hopefully you will be suitable for stem cell transplant. You have done so well getting through all the treatment and now hopefully the SCT. Wishing you all the best at your appointment. 

• Hi  Vespa  here,   AKA  Kevin,   i  am  at home,   15    days  post SCT  ,  after   4 cycles of the DvtB      treatment,  as  an outpatient,    My  treatment was in one hospital,  and the STEM  cell  harvest and  transplant was  in a different one,    i got transferred back to my " local'   hospital  for the recovery,   which  was tough,    but the care unbelievably good,    ( lots of help on the SCT   forum for you to  read)       i am now home  for   7 days,   and  every day i feel  stronger,      the SCT  process  was simple,        and i had  a  Doctor visit every day,  and blood samples taken every morning,       i also had to have several    plasma  bags and blood,     you will be guided through the whole process,  and   there is nothing that "  Hurts"    even the chemo,        i hope the words help  in some way,    it is worth it in the end,        as i am still in recovery mode,      Kevin

• Hi Mal , I was diagnosed with MM in Aug 22.

Had 4 rounds of treatment and SCT last April..I remember like you how anxious I was.  So hope some of that anxiety subsides tomorrow after your meeting with the Nurse . SCT is no walk in the park but the teams looking after me were so skilled proffessional and understanding .I have no regrets . Look at how far you have come .Well done ! Wishing you all the best tomorrow. X Sue 

Cakie