Looking for advice on my lab values

• 1 reply
  • 47 subscribers

I'm new here so I'd like to start out by saying hello. I have not been diagnosed just yet but have been referred to hematologist and my first appointment is 2 months away. I was hoping to get people's input regarding my lab values. My calcium is high at 10.7 mg/dl, my free kappa lt chains are high at 22.7 mg/L, my lambda lt chains are normal at 22.1 mg/L, my kappa/lambda ratio is normal at 1.13. M spike not detected. All other labs are within normal limits. I know we can't make a diagnosis from this but I want to see if anyone else was in a similar position regarding labs and the outcome? Thank you all in advance 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us and hear about your ongoing diagnosis.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups. I don’t have Myeloma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a very rare (also incurable) but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (Stage 4 in late 2013) so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is rather different I do appreciate the challenges of living with an incurable blood cancer.

Based on my 24 years journey I have tried my best to understand my many many blood results but I still at times find it all very confusing…… the problem is that blood results are only one facet of the diagnosis process and need to be seen along with all the other factors and in reality this is when we have to put our trust in the Haematologists.

There are a few active members at the moment so let’s look for them to pick up on your post.

Our Support Line teams are available 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on freephone 0808 808 00 00where you will find one of team there to help you out.

Always around to help more or just to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge