Heartbroken

• 12 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hello everyone,

2 days ago my partner was diagnosed with multiple myeloma…he had been having blood tests every 3-6mths for about the last 3 years due to his paraprotein levels.

About 3 weeks ago he did an MRI and bone marrow biopsy…I thought because they had not said anything before his appointment that it probably wasn’t bad news…how wrong was I.

Lesions on his back and ribs, small but there. No organs seem to be affected yet.

As if the news in itself wasn’t enough, he also has 2 genetic mutations with make his myeloma more resistant to treatment …I’m heart broken

Im finding it so hard to be strong for him, I don’t want to lose him and have always seen myself growing old with him…I’m beyond myself with anxiety and sadness.

On the 12th of August we go back to the hospital to discuss whether he will be doing standard treatment or a trial called RADAR. Either way Sept chemo will start…I am so scared of what is to come.

Any friendly insight would be appreciated xx

• Hi 

Thank you so much for thinking of usHeart

My partner started chemo yesterday …it was an extremely long day but went very well for the first day.

He is on a trial called RADAR, it’s 3 tablets and one injection, lenalidomide (revlimid), cyclophosphamide, bortezomib and dexamethasone for the first month or two then after that they add in isatuximab.

He also has all the other tablets to take daily such as antiviral, omeprazol, anti blood clotting etc 

So far the only side effect he has had was insomnia and headache, which paracetamol resolved.

How are you ? I hope your well xxx

• I'm always here for you, Ema, we all are.

HeartHeartHeart