CAR-T Cell therapy trial

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi All, had a meeting with consultant on Thursday to inform me that my DVD treatment is not working as well as hoped and he is looking now at third line treatment, he also asked me if i would be interested in taking part in a trial, he said there was three, one Aberdeen, one Dundee and one Glasgow. The Glasgow one was the only one he mentioned the name of the trial which is CAR-T Cell therapy.

Obviously I said yes straight away to the Glasgow trial as the Car-T cell treatment is getting good results. I am wondering if anyone else has had this treatment and how did it go for you?

Stephen

• Hi again  ..... sorry to hear about the DVD. CAR-T has been widely used to treat Lymphomas for a number of years with great success....... I have not seen it mentioned on this group but let's see if anyone looking in can help.

I had both my SCTs at The Beatson in Glasgow....... but the SCT unit has now moved over to the new QE Hospital with the same team..... so you would get gret treatment from them.

You may want to check out Myeloma UK as they have various support platforms including their Buddy Scheme........ and they may have someone on their books who have navigated the same journey - they also have a Support Line on 0800 980 3332

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike I shall call on Monday.

Stephen