New here!

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi, I’ve just stumbled across this community and thought I would say hello. I was diagnosed with smouldering myeloma back in 2019, and so far haven’t had to have any treatment. My blood levels are increasing so I’m expecting to have to start stem cell treatment in the near future.

Because of various tests I have for the myeloma, it’s just been found that I have lung cancer too. Thankfully, it is very small and I will only need surgery, no further treatment. 

So, at the moment, I have two different types of cancer, unrelated to each other. Not ideal, but at least the lung cancer can be treated quickly.

I am interested to find out if anyone else here has been diagnosed with other conditions as a result of having the various tests needed for the myeloma.

Looking forward to hearing others stories.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have Myeloma but I was diagnosed back in 1999 with a rare, incurable type of NHL Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I appreciate the challenges of this journey well.

I have had two Allo (donor) Stem Cell Transplants so you may want to check out our dedicated Stem cell transplant group

As if one cancer is not enough, getting a lung cancer diagnosis is just unfair. We do also have our Lung Cancer group should you want to talk with others who have experience in this type of cancer.

Back in 2012 I found out that I have Asbestosis after a regular CT for my Lymphoma. Fortunately it is behaving itself.

Lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post. You can also look through the various posts (hit the main group name and scroll down) and as always you can hit reply and ask some questions and see if the member is looking in.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Good morning, My husband has been diagnosed with Myeloma, so I'm trying to understand what all the treatment is for, the drugs and injections etc.  We are both  still in shock at the diagnosis, and I'm supporting him as best I can.  Its a long haul he's going through now, and taking it a day at a time.

• Hi  and a warm welcome to you. Sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis.

There are a few new members join the group so let’s look for them to connect with you. Do have a look through the various posts and as you have done hit reply and see if the folks are still using the site.

I would advise that you ‘join’ the group as this will help you connect better.

Always around the help out as best as I can.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge