Pins & needles up right arm - any suggestions?

• 7 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hello lovely people. My partner is currently being treated for myeloma. At the moment he is very down, mainly due to the discomfort in his right arm which seems to have severe pins & needles constantly.

I was wondering whether anyone else has had anything similar and could possibly make any helpful suggestions?

Huge thanks xx

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups.

I don’t have Myeloma but I was diagnosed back in 1999 with a rare, incurable type of NHL Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I understand the challenges of the journey well.

I had bad Peripheral Neuropathy in my hands but was advised to get myself a couple of small stress balls to work my hands and get the circulation going in my hands and around my arms. As always talk this through with your clinical team as at times they can make alterations to medication to help this.

You could post your question to our Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post. You can also look through the various posts (hit the main group name and scroll down) and as always you can hit reply and ask some questions and see if the member is looking in.

Always around to help out.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much, Mike, the stress balls sound like a great idea.

Has it definitely helped you, I'm interested to know? 

Your other suggestions are also very helpful. I really appreciate it.

Hope you are going from strength to strength xx

• I am over 6.5 years out from my long years of treatment (hit my community name to see my story) I had a major amount of treatments so my PN was so bad I could not hold a knife and fork to cut so had to have everything cut up for me……. I have played guitar most my life and I could not form a chord formation but months of working my hands did the job

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Mike, thank you so much for your message ... I hope you see this as I did reply a couple of days ago but it didn't go through, for some reason.

I've told my partner about your suggestion so, fingers crossed.

I'm so glad the exercises have worked for you. I'm off out shortly - to buy a couple of stress balls. If they don't work for him then ... I'll use them! X

• Hi, annoying that your post did not go through.

It’s important to check that you are logged in before starting a post as the site does log you out from time to time.

Lets hope that this works for him…… but a good way for you to work out your stress moments. I still use them all these years on and it helps my general muscle mass but n my hands and arms.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike 

I just wanted to let you know that your suggestion of stress balls has made an amazing difference!

Thank you so much!

Hugging x

• So pleased it’s making a difference Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge