Celebrating!

• 4 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Today I had an appointment with the stem cell team.  I have just come to the end of the chemo sessions regarding the radar trial, and was told that I am practically in remission!!! I have near to no myeloma cells present, and what is, should be killed off with the high dose chemo that comes with the transplant. It was so, so good to come away with some good news! I know the sct will be a challenge in itself, but it is one I am facing head on, and hoping for the very best of outcomes. I am so thankful that I was accepted on the trial, and that it has worked so well for me so far :)

• Hi  ……. good news indeed.

Now onto the next part of the journey, Stem Cell Transplant can be challenging but it is all do-able ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  Grogulov     good news indeed,      i am now   10 weeks post SCT  and doing good,    just on Daratumbaba  and Steroids   no chemo  ( as this makes my neuropathy    worse)  in hospital  for 10 days/nights,   no sugar coating it  was tough,  but care  and a visit every day from the Consultant team,      not much appetite   and needed  fresh fruit and cold drinks  and  milk protein drinks,   i had  a bad stomach bug,  and at one time,  5 IV  lines to go into my PICC line,   it passes,   advice,  even when feeling low,  get    washed changed walk around your isolation room,  it makes you feet alive ,  and of course helps  circulation,    good advice on the SCT  forum    for what to take in with you,    no  pain at all  on any part of the process,  i got transferred post SCT  to my local hospital  ( Worcester)      good luck on the next stage !  Kevin

• Hi Groulove , time to celebrate indeed! One mire step along the Myeloma road ! I'm so glad you are so posative as I'm this frame of mind will help you through the Stem Cell Journey..This time last year I was in hosp having had my Stem cells returned on 6th April .Fasten your seat belt... its not an easy ride but it will pass and you will have all the support and expertise   of your team in hospital .They are fantastic ! Never hold back from telling them how you are feeling .I'm a retired nurse and it didn't come easy for me to ask for support but boy they had all sorts of tricks up their sleeves to help me through a tough few weeks .

I found it helpful to stick to a routine while in isolation .You will soon find a way to navigate your way through the day .

I'm happy to say I remain in remission and am on 3 monthly blood tests and clinic phone calls. We are 50 mins from the hosp so I'm so delighted to have reduced visits .Take good care of yourself and if I can be of any help please do ask xx 

Sue 

Cakie

• That's amazing! I wish I could have joined the trial too but I have a clotting disorder and amolyoidosis too so wasn't accepted on it. Best of luck with the transplant, you've got this!