Lenalidomide fatigue

• 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hi , I'm Debbie, aged 63 and was diagnosed with Myeloma in 2019. I had a stem cell transplant in April 2021.

I'm on my 26th cycle of Lenalidomide maintenance. I'm doing really well but the general fatigue is getting worse. Does anyone know whether this is a common problem on Lenalidomide maintenance?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us and hear about your journey.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups. I don’t have Myeloma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a very rare (also incurable) but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (Stage 4 in late 2013) so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is rather different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey well…… especially as I have had 2 Allo (donor) Stem Cell Transplants (we do actually have a dedicated Stem cell transplant support group)

Let’s look for the group members to pick up on your post. There are a number of active group members at the moment so why not click on the main ‘Myeloma Group’ title and this will bring up all the group posts.

Have a look at the posts and as always you can hit reply to any post and connect in with the wider group conversations.

You can also do a subject search using the search tool Mag near the top. Put Lenalidomide into the tool, select ‘anywhere’ and this will bring up all the older posts and as always you can hit reply to any thread and see if the ne ver us still using the site.

For good information do check out Myeloma UK who produce very good information and run various support platforms including their Buddy Scheme, they also have a Support Line on 0800 980 3332

You may also want to check to see if you have a Maggie's Centre in your area as these folks are amazing and most centres do run monthly Heamatology Support Groups, the one I attend does have a few folks with Myeloma in it so worth checking.

Always around to help more or just to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks so much Mike for all this information Pray

Really appreciate it.