Nose bleeds

• 2 replies
  • 19 subscribers

I was diagnosed with Myeloma earlier this year but so far not requiring medication or treatment.  Just wondering whether anyone has experienced nose bleeds with this diagnosis?

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike  and I help out around our various blood cancer groups.

I don’t have Myeloma but was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of NHL Stage 4a so have an appreciation of the challenges of the treatment journey.

Lets see if any other group members are looking in to see if anyone has had this happen to them.

You may find our Ask an Expert section helpful but do allow 3 working days to get a reply.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi bebe21 I'm new to the support group. My husband has recently been diagnosed with Myelodysplastic syndromes. What with Coronavirus and Christmas things seem to be moving very slowly. I'm aware that because of his/your condition the blood doesn't clot like it should and you are prone to excessive bleeding. Russ (my husband) had a nose bleed a few days back. It took all day for it to stop. The best way we found to control it was to plug with vaseline cotton wool. He also has been experiencing blood mouth ulcers on his tongue and cheeks. These tend to go relatively quickly.