Itching

• 6 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hello I’m new here and have smouldering myeloma no treatment as yet I’m on watch and wait . My question is can smm cause itchy skin without a rash driving me crazy 

• Hi Tasha Dixie,

Welcome to the forum, although I am sorry for the reason you’ve had to post. I didn’t have any problems with itching so am not able to help unfortunately, but I have replied to wish you a warm welcome and to put your post back to the top in the hope that someone might spot it and offer some suggestions. All I can say is that it might be a good idea to mention it to your medical team and get their opinion on what it might be?

All the best

Greg

• Hi I’ve just discovered this page and I too have been diagnosed with myeloma but as yet not on medication.  I also experience lots of itching, mostly on the right hand side of head, right hand side of abdomen but no one has told me why!  I’ve also experienced problems with dry skin on my face which I’ve treated with prescription creams & ointments for about 4 months without success.  I have never had this problem over nearly 76yrs!!  Do hope you find something to help with itching cos it really does get you down doesn’t it?

Good luck

Bebe21

• Hi I was on revlimid for two years no reaction except severe constipation. Relapsed in August on Dartumumbad and Revlimid.got bites like bed bugs! Very itchy on neck, back and arm. Got pest control in! No bed bugs! Went for treatment today. Told to put hydrocortisone cream on and Claritin tomorrow.hydrocortisone from chemist 1% has stopped it already

• And told to use cream on skin..using cetraben cream as have it at home but I think it was eucerin

• Hi told by emergency nurse to rub hydrocortisone cream in hair and take Claritin went in 24 hours! Bought hydrocortisone cream 1% from chemist

• I went through a phase for almost 2-3 years 2018-2020  itchy legs, tummy, chest, arms, back, almost all over my body. Done some basic blood test all came ok. Liver kidney profile ok.

Finally I was diagnosed with MM in September 2020 during a routine CT scan for bad back, VTD treatment started and all itching disappeared.

November 2021 itching on back started again I guessed I have relapsed I was right.

Went through SCT December 2021 with 3.7 paraprotien, but it failed within 6 months and again itching started that's how I knew it failed.

I think in my case there is some connection between itching and MM.