Joined on behalf of my Dad

• 1 reply
  • 18 subscribers

Hello 

my dad has just been diagnosed and not had follow up appointment we have that Monday. 
dad survived Cancer in his 30s and excepted all treatment available as he was told his was curable this was 1975.

At the moment he has decided he does not want any treatment being 79 I know it’s his choice but it’s hard. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your dad.

This is such a stressful time for you all. I have asbestosis but not Mesothelioma but I can understand the challenges you are having to deal with.

When it comes to the practical and emotional challenges of supporting family you may also benefit from joining our general Carers only and Supporting someone with incurable cancer support groups where you will connect with others navigating the same support challenges.

The Macmillan Support Line is open from 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 where you can talk with someone about specific cancer and practical information, get emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just connect with a listening ear. 

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and aim to give support to all the family.

Please do get back to me if you need further help.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge