Hello

• 1 reply
  • 19 subscribers

Hello I am new here.

After many months of a complicated diagnosis with two biopsies, the first being benign we have just had the news this is not so.

Bisphalt Mesothelioma. My husband has been tested since June and we are so exhausted with first being told it was benign. He has lost 9kg and the Mesothelioma has ented his 4th and 9th rib. We are so upset that he has missed all that time of treatment!

The plan of action now is Palliative Radiation for rib pain. Immunotherapy for the Mesothelioma.

Has anyone else had the same benign result that changed? My head is spinning from thinking what now.

His father and 25 work colleagues ( they all worked for the same company) have died from this ghastly disease . 

Thanks for listening 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm very sorry to read that after originally being told that your husband's condition was benign you've now been told that it isn't.

Although I didn't have the same type of cancer as your husband, I do have a slight inkling into how he may be feeling. Six years ago I was told that a lesion on my arm was nothing to worry about but that it would be removed and biopsied just to find out what it was. It turned out to be malignant melanoma and I felt like my world had stopped. Gradually I came to terms with this and, touch wood, it hasn't gone anywhere else in my body. 

You might also like to think about joining the carers only group as it's a great place to chat to others about how you're feeling and to find ways of helping you cope and support your husband. If you'd like to join the group just click on the link I've created.

It would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"