Just diagnosed

• 7 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Just had my diagnosis confirmed on Monday. All came out of the blue. Trying to be strong and positive but it's hard. How do others cope?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm not a member of this group but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

For me I found the best way of coping was to just concentrate on the next step and to not start wondering what would happen if that didn't work, etc. I also found that by doing things I enjoyed it kept my mind away from the what ifs. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for your message. I've written something about my diagnosis on my profile. Hope it's OK. I've never been in chat room before. Are you the group moderator?

• It is a shock when you’re first diagnosed.  I just thought the worst and didn’t expect to make christmas!  Please read my profile.  You don’t say how old you are.  Even if immunotherapy doesn’t get approved, its worth considering the chemo.  Its hard going but you may be one of the lucky ones where it knocks it back.  Take care.

• Hi 

Yes, you're profile looks great.

No I'm not a moderator I'm what's called a Community Champion. I'm part of a team of volunteers here in the Community who found the Community to be really helpful and wanted to give something back, so we try to offer support and also help new members find their way around the site

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Good to hear from you roni2008 and to read your story. What a journey you are on, but how wonderful that you are enjoying life and your grand children. in spite of everything. I'm 68 so a lot older than you were when  you were diagnosed, but was told that I am still young for this condition. And being female too is more unusual.  Not many people seem to be posting on this group. - maybe due to the age profile maybe. What do people think?

• Take a look at my profile, some of it may help

good luck

• What a journey you've been on, best of luck. Interested in what you are eating as a healthy diet, apart from the obvious!