Hi

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 18 subscribers

Hello

just joined. My mum was diagnosed back in September time, she seems to be declining quite rapidly. I don’t know what to expect. I’ve just made my spare room into a lounge as Mum can no longer do the stairs.

With the pandemic Im basically doing this all on my own - not helped by breaking my finger just as I needed to step up as a carer.

I feel v lonely. 

I guess we all do. 

• Hi and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear about your mum. I'm not from this group, so can't help with Meso, but my wife and I did care for my mum and also mum in law to the end. Like you we converted a downstairs room in to a bedroom. Our GP referred us to local services which supplied help in the way of a  commode, walking and bathing aids. Could I suggest you call the free Mac helpline on 0808 808 0000 (8-8pm). They will advise on what help, both financial and practical that mum should be entitled to. We also have a very supportive Carers Only Group   where you will find others going through the same. Click the highlighted link to get to the group. Once joined, you can also post there. Any problems finding your way around the site, click the reply button below to ask. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to rily

Thank you Hearts