Mesothelioma

• 1 reply
  • 13 subscribers

My Dad was diagnosed with mesothelioma of the peritoneal in May this year. He started immunotherapy but unfortunately 3 weeks ago was told it had been unsuccessful. He is constantly vomiting. Is on sickness tablets but nothing seems to touch it. Wondered if anyone  had experienced this and found anything to relief this symptom?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see folks joining us and to hear a out your dad’s diagnosis.

I don’t have Mesothelioma but I was diagnosed back in 2012 with Asbestosis (Pleural Thickening and Pleural Plaque) that at the moment is thankfully stable….. but my main fight has been 24 years with a rare incurable blood cancer.

Lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post.

You can also look through all the older posts (hit the main group name and scroll down) and as always you can hit reply and ask some questions and see if the member is looking in.

The Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and support all the family and some centres do run a Mesothelioma support group.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge