Immunotherapy

• 7 replies
  • 14 subscribers

Can I ask if anyone has had a positive experience with immunotherapy?.  My husband is due to start soon & I can’t seem to find anything   positive in respect of Meso & immunotherapy.  

What I would like to say to all of you who are posting about your loved ones  is you all sound so brave and I am finding it really helpful reading all your posts., so thank you for finding the time when you are all going through so much.

Take Care.

• Yes my husband has had 6 immunotherapy sessions with 2 drugs ipi & nev

The recent scan showed unbelievable shrinkage , also my husband has had no side affects other than slight lack of appetite for a week after but anti nausea helps which is given intravenously before each treatment. 

life seems to be quite normal again other than the treatyevety 2 weeks, all seems too good to be true Pray

• That is such good news and long may it continue Fingers crossedFingers crossed.

• Hi Another Day I just wondered how your husband   is doing. My husband is on day 7 of 10 Radiotherapy sessions today being given to hopefully reduce pain.  He starts immunotherapy  9 August ipi & nev but it is being given both every six weeks with one given every three - I can’t remember which one is every six weeks.  I am a little concerned as we are due to go to Greece for 3 weeks which the consultant has told us not to cancel as he will work around the holiday dates.  My concern is around side effects & having the second dose late.  I also wondered why it is used in different doses by different consultants but I suppose they know what they are doing,  

Take care

Wardyboy

• Hi there,

ok, so my husband has both ipi & niv differently. He has one drug every 2 weeks then on the 3rd time  he has the 2 drugs, this is private now not NHS.  The NHS suggested we go private as we had healthcare because my husbands cancer grew back quicker after chemo. 

after 7/8 treatments my husband had the scan, the results were amazing, no side affects at all other than lack of appetite so now they add anti nausea drug on treatment day, so Dr said we could go on our holiday. 

however at first he was reluctant and would not say we could go. He said should something go wrong it usually does within the first 3 months of treatment and can be serious.  He would not say whether we could still go away until 5 days before we were due to fly after he had seen the scan results and still no side affects.  When he said we could go he made sure we had travel insurance just incase and we would be convinced.  We are close to very good hospitals and they speak English which helps …

however all good, no problems at all …. Back on treatment when we get back 

• Thank you for replying whilst you are away.  Enjoy the rest of your holiday.  My husband is determined he is going away - I’m going along with some trepidation.

Hope your husband’s treatment continues to go well.

Take care 

• Thank you, I was a little anxious too. Just make sure any early signs of anything untoward you get your husband checked … hope you have the same amazing results with immunotherapy we have had 

enjoy your holiday, it’s done us the world of good however we were told he has to be careful in the sun, full protection…. My husband stays in the shade when he is outdoors …..

• Thank you for the good advice 

xx