Dads had confirmation today its terminal

• 1 reply
  • 14 subscribers

Hi, don't know where to start today Dad had his is results from the CT scan and it came back that he has stage 4 for lung cancer it has attached itself to the lining of the wall of the lungs and it has gone into his lymph nodes we are absolute devastated we knew he had cancer because he was in hospital a month ago with sepsis and I nearly died he had been unresponsive va for 26 hours the doctor phoned us come into the hospital straight away as Dad will probably not survive the night he only went into hospital because he had pulled his catheter out and tried to put it back in caught sepsis

after 13 days in hospital he had a chest x-ray to see if if the chest infection was on his lungs we didn't know this that he had a MRI a CT scan and a normal X-ray my dad's not well he has Parkinson's Disease and dementia starters of dementia he also has a long-term catheter he is diabetic buy insulin because his kidneys is damaged when he had a a emergency gallbladder extraction.

A doctor came round to speak to Dad, he told dad who was on his own knowing dad has dementia that there was a small shadow on his lung which is cancer but it's very small and not to worry about it it you won't die from it go home and enjoy your life this is what my dad said to Mum because he borrowed a gentleman's mobile phone and he rang mum and said hi Wendy it's Ron I've got cancer and I'm coming home but I won't die from it as it's too small we we were absolutely gobsmacked I picked my mum up because she was in tears and we went straight to the hospital and spoke to the nurse who told us she knew nothing about it but she would get one of the doctor's to come and see us this was at at 1 p.m. eventually we saw a doctor who came over to us and told us what dad has said that he has got cancer in the lung it's very small all but he won't die from it and to go home and enjoy the rest of our lives we just didn't know no what to do what to say say anyway the next day I picked him up up to take him home ma hospital phone me to say that he was ready I asked the nurses what do we do now about the cancer and and their words you'll get a letter in the post.

dad has been struggling with the dementia he had been hallucinating and and accusing my mum of having an affair lots of things happened about 3 years ago we couldn't cope with B accusations he was saying it got to a point that my mum I was put on antidepressants because of all the upset anyway we got the memory team in and the mental health and dad's been under medication since then and and luckily it has been under control but Dad is very controlling and because my mum is disabled struggles with Dad she has also so gone through breast cancer herself and had to go through radiotherapy 5 years ago she couldn't have chemotherapy because she wasn't well enough f and also if I'm correct carries the Gene I might be wrong there.

So today we went and saw the consultant and it wasn't good news that's not fair enough a chemotherapy or radiotherapy he has a number of medical problems and is on a lot of morphine for pain but to look at him he doesn't look like he  got cancer dad ask the consultant how many years doctor have we got left and she said to Dad it's only a matter of months we are in complete shock the cancer tumour has doubled in size in 3-weeks he was exposed to asbestos  years ago at work, 

Sorry I'm mumbling, I'm so upset, xx

• Hi Tutusue,

made me sad reading this, so sorry for you and your family.  My mum has rectal and lung cancer and is not for treatment.  It’s heartbreaking.

sending lots of love and many hugs to you all xx