First Chemo

• 5 replies
  • 16 subscribers

I had my first Chemo session on Monday was there for 6 hours in total.  My first day was not too bad and could still carry on normal activities but it all went downhill since then.  I am finding it difficult to eat anything and the nausea tablets don't seem to work.  I have also started having pain in my stomach.   Phone the helpline the hospital gave me but they just said to monitor it and go to A&E if temperature goes over 98 degrees.  Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated.

1. Hiya I started my first chemo last year August I also was at the hospital 6 hours and yes I felt Ill. I did end up going to A&E as I felt that bad. I just felt very unwell sickness and my heart felt like it was coming out my chest. I was they a few hours put me on a drip checked my heart take some blood ect. I had 6 rounds of chemo before my op in December. I struggled for about 10 days after each chemo. I felt so tired. I lost my taste I couldn't drunk tea or some cold drinks as it made me feel sick. I also lost my hair. I know it's hard and it feels like they no light at the end of the tunnel but you will get there. Take care hope that help. 
  • Thank you so much, it just all seems a bit of a struggle at the moment.  Hopefully feel better tomorrow.

• Which regime are you on????

• Hi there, which treatment are you on ? My husband is on pemetrexed & carboplatin  takes around 3 hours every 3 weeks, he’s just had his second chemo but the doctors have said they can not operate ? They say the operation would be gruelling and then he wouldn’t be strong enough for chemotherapy afterwards if needed.  They say quality of life is important so suggest no surgery.  My husband is fine until 3rd day after chemo maybe when steroids wear off.  Bad vomiting when wakes up, tiredness and pain terrible in the night.  This happened the first time but after around 5 days he returned to normal ….

• Hi there, which treatment are you on ? My husband is on pemetrexed & carboplatin  takes around 3 hours every 3 weeks, he’s just had his second chemo but the doctors have said they can not operate ? They say the operation would be gruelling and then he wouldn’t be strong enough for chemotherapy afterwards if needed.  They say quality of life is important so suggest no surgery.  My husband is fine until 3rd day after chemo maybe when steroids wear off.  Bad vomiting when wakes up, tiredness and pain terrible in the night.  This happened the first time but after around 5 days he returned to normal …