NICE decision on immunotherapy

• 5 replies
  • 16 subscribers

So just saw that although NICE was supposed to be meeting to decide whether they will fund combined immuno-therapy for mesothelioma, this has now been put off till April, Although it has had very good results in trials and my consultant advised that this was best way forward for me. Feel so let down and upset. I was only diagnosed  6 weeks ago and feel its a double whammy.

• Nothing as yet. I met with the consultant 2 weeks ago and discussed options with him and have an appointment on 5th January. Trying to be positive now. Thanks for getting in touch fatbouyepne.

• You have had your appointment so what was the outcome as some Oncologists are still able to give Nivolumab under special licence.  

• Hi, I had my appointment on Wednesday at Barts. Apparently the Novolumab option is only for those who have had chemo already. So pending the NICE decision, which has now been postponed till April,  we have decided to self fund for 2 cycles though the cost is terrible. So had the first one on Thursday. Lets hope 1: that it works for me and 2:. that NICE decide to fund the combined immuno-therapy for all of us living with meso. 

• If you have a court case your lawyer can claim private treatment back or ask if there is any funding as some drug companies have a compassionate scheme