51 yr female with mesothelioma

• 20 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Would like to find other females with the same condition, as it seems quite unusual , I am here  to help understand  and also to try and help any other ladies diagnosed with this  and make aware to them they are not alone x 

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community. I myself have a different type of cancer so can't compare notes. Having read your bio I can understand why you may have contracted this particular cancer. Has your younger sister been affected as well?

I like your positive attitude, you're here to help, understand and let people know that they're not alone. All of us on out individual cancer journeys felt very alone but the support received here on these forums is second to none, I couldn't have done without it. My hubby's a shrug the shoulders type "Que sera sera" which doesn't help when you're climbing the walls!

I hope some ladies come along to chat soon.

Sending welcoming hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• I’ve lived with this for 14 years, do read my profile.  My dad was a lagger and fortunately my younger brother may have escaped this, hope your sister has.  There’s lots of us females around, wives who did washing, daughters with fathers working with asbestos, girls who went to schools riddled with it, those that worked in hospitals and shops, plus plenty of others, unfortunately.

• Hi I am a 68 year old female just diagnosed. So want to say hi. Still in shock really. All came out of the blue.

• I have had Mesothelioma for 13 years and I washed my husbands clothes when I was 20+ sadly its not uncommon for women nowadays to have Mesothelioma as the new wave is from DIY hospitals schools etc etc. Also women are taking up employment that was once considered for men only so they are working in plumbing etc Trades Persons are in the highest contamination.

• Hello, do you have pleural mesothelioma? 

• Ok, that is what my husband has just been diagnosed with, we are seeing a new consultant as the last consultant was so negative !  Not sure yet what the treatment will be going forward but it is encouraging knowing that you have lived with it for so long.  Did you manage the disease with chemotherapy? We just don’t know quite what to expect ….. 

• I had chemo first 4 sessions over 4 years then in 2014 I went on the first Immunotherapy trial at the Royal Marsden and had a great response. After a 2 year gap it grew so I had 3 sessions of Immunotherapy but the Cancer got crafty. Im on a watch and wait as the disease is growing so very slowly so Im living well. 

• HI Louiseleslie- you still active on this forum? 

• Sorry to hear about your experience.  How are you now ? My husband was diagnosed a year ago …..we have an important scan  this week to see if things are stable following his chemo.