Extended Pleuectomy Decortication

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

I had this operation at Bart's on 5th May 2020.  Have suffered no pain from op however somewhat short of breathe.

My main issue is that since the op I have suffered lack of appetite in a big way. frequently force myself to eat however normally resulting vomiting or dry wretching!

I have now lost over 30kg in weight resulting in huge muscle waste.

Has anybody suffered with similar symptoms and any solutions please.

book

• I haven’t had this op but i do have meso.  Earlier this year because of kidney stone op delay i lost a similar amount of weight due to no appetite. I was referred to a dietician, which helped, and was prescribed fortisip drinks.  It took quite a while to get any appetite back.   I was told to eat full fat food.  I have put weight back on but still don’t have good muscle tone.  Good luck.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to roni2008

Thanks for your input. I have had a few dealings with dietician without success.

I have supplement drinks and have been told to eat all the full fat foods to the point that if I just want desserts then do so.

I still never really wish to eat and savoury seems to be the main issue and one mouthful can often result in being sick or dry retching!

Currently considering hypnotherapy of which my GP is in agreement with.

Many thanks

book

•  Sounds like hypnotherapy might be a way to go.  Hope it works.