New diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi everyone

Oh my goodness. This is such a shock. My husband was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma on Tuesday...well I say diagnosed, he had had a chest xray, ct scan and then biopsies on Tuesday. We are going back next week for formal diagnosis and treatment plan.

I lurch from shock to courage to positivity to grief.

I have done a lot of reading, very scary, but I am breaking this process down into manageable bits...so Wednesday's consultation and forward plan is the next bit.

At the moment, his symptoms are tiredness, weight loss, lack of appetite although he is eating normally. He did have a small amount of pleural effusion but they drained it off so breathlessness much improved. I think my mission at the moment is to try to build him up before treatment to give him the best possible chance.

Looking forward to being part of this forum (who'd have thought) for mutual support and care.

Thank you x

• Its very hard post diagnosis but you will find you will become stronger as time goes on, focusing on treatment and enjoying life on a day to day basis.  Please read my profile, i am 13 years post diagnosis - just trying to live each day.

• Wow roni2008! What a fantastically encouraging story. Thank you. Whenever I feel down I shall go back to your profile. You sound so positive.

Ready for this battle Muscle