Introduction

• 2 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Hello from Texas. I’ve been a follower, but this is my first post. 
I was diagnosed with Acral letiginous melanoma in April 2022. I had an injury on ball of foot that I could not heal. I’m a Nurse, so I know how to care for wounds. It eventually ulcerated & my PCP sent me to a Dermatologist- I was staged at III B. I had the wide excision & a positive sentinel lymph node. After surgery healing & graft healing, I started immunotherapy (Provo every 4 weeks). I discontinued after 8 months-scans were clear & I had some bad side effects. 6 weeks later, another positive node. This time 3 doses of keytruda, followed by surgery. The node tumor grew in size by 3 times, so Doc discontinued keytruda. 3 months later clear scans, but 3 months after, another positive node. Another surgery 8 weeks ago. All of my right initial/ileac nodes are removed. I just had my next set of scans 2 days ago. Yesterday I found out I have metastasis to my right lung, abdominal wall & 3 masses throughout intestines. I’ve restated at IV C.  I’m starting combo immunotherapy on Saturday.  I’m still kinda shell shocked Flushed 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the melanoma forum which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through a lot over the two years since you were first diagnosed and I can understand you still feeling shell shocked.

There are quite a few Stage 4 melanoma people in this group and I'm sure they'll be happy to answer any questions you may have and share their experiences with you.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi TexMel,

I'm in Austin and a patient at Texas  Oncology. Currently in remission and non-detectable.  You have surely had a fight on your hands these past 2 years. Your histories of intermittent clear scans seem encouraging to me in that it seems your body is receptive to the treatments if not yet successful in total eradication of the melanoma? I have no advice. Just wanted to say that I'm pulling for you and hoping that the combo immunotherapy is 100% successful for you this time with no side effects.

Take care,

Dave