Hi new to the group

• 2 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hi was diagnosed with melanoma in 20/22 had surgery sentinel lymph node biopsy skin graft done on day of surgery removal of growth .to cut along story short discharged after 7 days told everything went well went for 6 monthly routine check ups everything healing well all good they said on 22/4/24 routine check up only to be told my original diagnosis had been overlooked cancer was found in the nodes ,but don’t worry we removed them in 2 years I’ve had no further checks on this now to be told a pet scan and mri being arranged ,not sure what to think I’m angry that this had been overlooked for 2 years

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can totally understand why you're feeling angry after discovering that your sentinel lymph node biopsy showed cancer cells were present but that possible follow up treatment was overlooked. 

Do come back and let us know the results of your PET and MRI scans, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for good results.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thankyou I will keep you updated