Coming to terms with melanoma

• 1 reply
  • 74 subscribers

Diagnosed stage 2a have had WLE and SLNB that came back clear which I am so greatful for but looking back over this whole process I find it very overwhelming and feel emotional about it everything has happened so fast that I don't think I've had time to process anything and I'm just struggling to come to terms with it all I had my first lot of 3 monthly checks recently and they found another 2 moles that need removing which will be done tomorrow it is like the worry never ends it's really hard talking about it with people who haven't been through it im hoping being on here will help 

• Hi  and welcome to the melanoma group

Like you I was diagnosed with stage 2a melanoma, although in my case it was nearly 7 years ago now. However, I can remember very clearly how devastated I felt when I discovered that what I thought was just an odd red bump on my arm was in fact melanoma.

I've also had another lesion and a suspicious mole removed in the intervening years but, thankfully, they turned out to be nothing to worry about.

Over time I've gradually become less worried and I'm sure you'll get to that place too. I do understand how difficult it can be sometimes talking to others about your cancer diagnosis. I think that lots of people don't really take skin cancer seriously and they also come out with annoying platitudes like "oh you're so strong" and "you must remain positive". I bite my tongue most of the time from replying with something like "you try to remain positive with a cancer diagnosis hanging over you!"

Anyway, no one here will dismiss your worries or call you a "warrior".

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"