KTatHome

• 11 replies
  • 75 subscribers

My amazing wife KTatHome passed away last week after battling melanoma for seven years. She'd been on various treatments over the years but in the end simply ran out of options. We miss her terribly but  were really fortunate  to be able to be with her when she passed. 

• Hello

My name is Steph and I am part of the Community team. 

I am so sorry to hear your news. was a very respected, kind and supportive member of our Community and will be very sadly missed by the team and Community members.

Please do let us know if we can help you find more support.

Thinking of you and your family, 

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • Hi

I am so very sorry and sad to read this news.

I was privileged to meet KTatHome on a couple of occasions and found her a really lovely, caring person who put me completely at my ease. 

She was probably one of the first people I spoke to in the community when I was diagnosed with melanoma and I know she will have helped many more people over the years.

She will be very sadly missed within the group and by me personally.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi spaceman Chris, I am so sorry to hear this. KT was a member of the incurable group where I met her. She supported so many people on the community and will be greatly missed.

I am so sorry for your loss x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • My deepest condolences , i had the honour and pleasure  of meeting your lovely wife, Katrina who was such a lovely person to meet and so helpful to everyone despite everything she was going though, she will be deeply missed. I know words are often not enough to express feelings but please know we hold her in our hearts and send so much condolences to you and the family.

sending gentle bear hugsBear 

Community Champion badge_GBear Xxxx 

What is a Community Champion?    Womb cancer forum  

Call the helpline for free on 08088080000, 8am to 8pm everyday.

“let hope be your lighthouse beckoning you though stormy seas" - Jessica de la Davies

• So very sad to hear this news Spaceman Chris. My love and condolences to you and your family.  I'd only really just got to know her through this forum and felt she was such a caring, warm person, never afraid to share herself if it would help others.  Her dying is the first person on here I felt I'd got to know. I'm so glad you were all there with her at the end.  Take care of each other xxx

• Chris, my most heartfelt condolences and prayers for you and yours. Her courage and spirit to fight this disease for seven years was surely an awesome inspiration to you and your family and I know that you all must miss her terribly. God Bless. I am also a diagnosed melanoma survivor. Take care.

• Hi ,

I'm Ellen, a part of our Community team here at Macmillan.

I am so sorry to hear Trina has passed away. I met her a few times at our volunteer meet ups and worked with her over the years she was a Champ on the site. 

I remember when Pokemon Go came out and we talked a lot about it and how much she enjoyed it. She was showing me all of the Pokemon she had collected at one of our meet ups, and it was quite the impressive suite! 

She was so kind, and did everything she could to help others and was a huge part of this Community. She'll be hugely missed and we are all thinking of you and your family. 

Best wishes,
    Ellen 

Best wishes,

Ellen
    Macmillan Community Team

• Hi

It's Megan here from Macmillan's Online Community team.

I'm truly sorry to hear of Katrina's passing, she was a valued member of our Community.

I hope in time, it can provide some comfort to know how much difference she made to many people's lives, with her kindness and continuing support.

My thoughts are with you and your family, if there's anything we can do to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community team

• So sad to read this . She also have a lot to others during her time here .

Much love to her family ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Chris Katrina was amazing as you say. She was a great support to me and to everyone she came across and always managed to stay positive through everything that was thrown at her. My sincere condolences to you and your family she was a very special person.