Travel Insurance

• 2 replies
  • 63 subscribers

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I may be doing this in the wrong place-apologies if so.

My husband has had 3 melanomas removed since he first presented in 2008. Recently, he had two moles removed very close together,  which turned out to be epidermotropic metastases. So we went from not knowing anything about “staging” to him suddenly being staged at 3C. This happened 3 weeks before we are due to take a family holiday abroad.

I bought travel insurance when we booked the holiday in February, declared melanoma as a pre-existing condition and paid an additional premium to insure for it. When I rang to update them, they refused to cover the melanoma, as my husband was awaiting further investigations. I tried 7 other companies which were recommended on this site and none would insure.

My husband was recommended Puffin Insurance by a colleague. Puffin offered him insurance for £41, which seemed too good to be true. I read the fine print of the policy document and rang them three times to be sure!

So if anyone is looking for travel insurance, they’d definitely be worth a look. Hope this is helpful to someone! xxxx

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Thanks very much for taking the time to let us all know about the travel insurance that you were recently able to get which covered your husband's melanoma diagnosis.

I wonder if I could ask you to copy and paste your post into the 'recommended travel insurance' thread in the travel insurance group please as the insurance company isn't one that's been recommended before. This will get your recommendation out to more people. If you have the time to do this clicking on the link I've created will take you straight to the thread.

Thanks once again

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Thank you very much for your warm welcome latchbrook. Myself and my husband are finding this site a great source of information and support, so thank you to all who post their experiences.

Being new, I wasn’t sure how or where to post information, so I have posted on the Travel Insurance thread now.

Many thanks.xxxx