• 17 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi I am new to the forum. It has taken me a while, I will have been diagnosed a year ago next month. Now feels right to reach out and connect with people who know what I am going through. I am wondering if anyone else is having adjuvant therapy with the side effect of itchy sore skin rashes? Have you found something that works for it? Many thanks 

• Hi Jazz5….I am due to start my adjuvant therapy in December and I know itchy skin can be a side effect…I would probs suggest that you get back to you team as I’m sure that they will offer some helpful suggestions….I was reading some info on the main Macmillan site where it mentioned using a non perfumed body moisturiser…..hope you find some good advice and something which helps…take care

• Hi , you haven’t said what adjuvant therapy you are on, I can say I had an all over body rash 2 weeks into me starting Pembrolizumab. As it was on the list of side effects and as I was told to contact my team, I did and was prescribed antihistamine tablets just like you get for hay fever as the rash was my body overreacting. It did the trick, delayed my second dose of Pembro while they checked the rash subsided and resolved and I was told to preempt the next rash and take them before the next dose. After that pack I didn’t need antihistamine again. In total since 2016 I had #57 iv doses of Pembro and no further rashes. Please talk to your team and see what they suggest.

Take care KT

• Thanks KT. I am on Pembolizumab - rash started after my 4th dose in a smallish area and progressed after each subsequent dose - I take antihistamines twice a day don’t seem to be helping at all. Only 2 doses of Pembro left so trying to hang in there. Many thanks

• Thanks Ivysmum - I have only 2 doses left of Pembro so hanging in there. Tried many over the counter remedies and currently on Diprobase which is not too bad. Wishing you all the very best with your adjuvant therapy. I feel very lucky that this is the worst effect I am having. 

• how have you been on pembro? I am also on pembro as an adjuvant treatment I am 3 doses in ( 6 to go ) , I feel like I am wishing my life away to get to dose 9 x had a clear ct scan last week so that’s gave me a wee boost x 

• Hi Amcci - I have been ok actually, mild fatigue after third treatment which has hung around and now after the 7th treatment rash in my chest and back and trying to manage it. But on the whole very luck with mild symptoms. Fortunately all my 3 monthly ct scans and 4 monthly lymph node scans are clear, so grateful. How are you doing?

• This is great to read and gives me hope going forward x I hope my ct scans remain clear too x I have had 2 ct scans ( mid July and early nov). Had dose 3 on  Monday and again it’s been so far so good x 

• Hi Jazz5, 2 to go you’re nearly there. Your rash sounds completely different to mine, so I hope you find something that works.

Take care KT

• That’s brilliant news! Onwards and upwards. My next scans are in January before my last dose of Pembro. I believe the scans will continue 3 monthly for another 2 years for surveillance of high risk cancer. Is that what you have been told too?

• When I click on your names I can read the history of your diagnosis and journey so far - really helpful and encouraging. I cannot work out where to upload my story in the same way - please help?