Melanoma

• 10 replies
  • 76 subscribers
  • Just had a reaccurance of my melanoma from 2 years ago .I've been prescribed Pembrolizumab and as usual been told about endless side effects . Just wondering if anyone else has had this treatment and how they got on 
  • Simon
  • Simon I am due to start pembro a week on Monday too there are a few recent  posts on here with some pembro info. 

• Thank you I have a look .

• Hi Simon could I ask you what your initial stage was.

Andrew 
  • I had a operation to remove 30 odd lymph nodes and then drugs to supposedly kill the cancer I honestly don't think I've ever been told what stage it was xx 

• Good luck with your treatment .

• Hi Simon, I am on Pembrolizumab I started it in 2016 every 3 weeks, and had a years break after 12 months as I had been clear for 6months. I needed to return onto treatment after a year, and to cut a long story short I’ve had 56 infusions. I have had very little in side effects, I had an all over body rash 2 weeks into my first dose, my hair went all curly 2 months in but went back to normal, and I have had tiredness for a few days after each treatment until a few months ago. 

Pembro is given as a preventative or adjuvant treatment after surgery has removed cancer from the lymph nodes it has been detected in, but also as the treatment when surgery isn’t advisable. I’ve had it for both reasons. 

Take care KT

• Thank you for your reassurance .

• Hi, I have stage 4 melanoma and have been on pembro for the past 3 years. I had some joint pain in the beginning but this wore off after a while. The only thing I notice is fatigue for a couple of days after the infusion. It’s kept me stable for 3 years so I’m grateful for a bit of tiredness. All the best with your treatment,

• Hi, I have stage 4 melanoma and have been on pembro for 3 years as it’s keeping me stable, I did have some joint pain to start with but that soon eased. The main SE for me is fatigue for a couple of days after the infusion. A small price to pay. All the best for your treatment 

• I am on pembro ( only one dose in) I have been absolutely fine but I feel my hair is thinning a little. Due dose number 2 in a week.