Recurring symptoms?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Has anyone had pain and tingling in their original scar after 16 years?!? My scar and surrounding skin have been numb since surgery, but about a month ago I noticed a tingling sensation. The tingling turned to pins and needles, then a dull ache, and now sharp pains. The MD today said he thinks it’s a tumor growing and scheduled a bunch of labs and tests!  I’m so nervous. I have 2 small boys and I’m not ready for this again. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

It sounds like you are currently having a very worrying time and I can totally understand why you don't want to go through this all again. Do you have a date yet for your tests and what is proposed?

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

No date yet because insurance will not pay....waiting for approval.  The surgeon thinks that the melanoma has returned to the original location in my back.  He said he had to see the MRI results before he makes any decisions about what to do next.  No word on the lab results either.  He dropped the tumor bomb and I haven't been able to talk to him since.  I'm hopeful that he is just overreacting.  

• Hi

Thanks very much for completing your profile but I'm sorry to read that your insurer is refusing to pay for the scans. This must make a stressful time even worse Disappointed Could you go back into the NHS system?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"