Small lumps

• 7 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Good morning Slight smile

A question for my fellow suffers, I had a nevoid melanoma 1.4 mm  removed from my hand 3 years ago, as well as 3 others elsewhere ) and now have several small hard lumps coming up on my forearm, also a raised are on the skin graft, these have been ther for over a month now so not going away :(
I have an appointment with dermatology next week., but just wondering if anyone has had this and what they could be

• Hi

It's always worrying when we find lumps and bumps on our skin when we've previously had a melanoma diagnosis. I've had a few appear since my diagnosis 4 years ago and they turned out to be a seborrheic keratoses, a lichen planus-like keratoses and an actinic keratoses - all benign. 

Hopefully yours will be benign as well and do come back and let us know how you get on next week.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, thanks for reply,
    The hospital rang yesterday and my appointment for Friday has been cancelled as the cancer nurse is not available, I don't know when they will fit me in again yet.

The lumps are under my skin, so they are not, seborrheic keratoses, I have quite a lot of them as well

I will find out one day what they are Slight smile

Jacky

• Hi Jacky

Oh how disappointing that your appointment with your SCNS has been cancelled.

As you have had a melanoma diagnosis you should be seen quickly. My consultant always reminds me that if I find anything to get in touch straight away and, if there are no appointments available, to speak to my GP as they will be able to make a 2 week referral.

I have had to request an appointment to see my consultant a couple of times over the past 4 years and each time I was able to be seen within a few days. I think they keep a few appointments at the end of surgery for any 'emergencies'. 

Have you spoken to your SCNS to find out when the appointment has been rearranged for? I don't want to scare you but it's important to get these sort of thing checked out asap so please make a nuisance of yourself if you have to to make sure you get seen within the next couple of weeks.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

I was just wondering how you were and if you've been seen or had a new date set for your new lumps to be looked at.

x

Community Champion Badge

• Hi, Slight smile
    Sorry have had trouble logging in, 
    Had my appointment this morning, as they are small and would be hard to pick up on a scan, making it hard to biopsy,we have decided to wait six weeks and see how they go, but at least the dermatologist does not think that they feel like my previous MM in my hand has spread.
    But if still there they will do a biopsy

Jacky

• Hi Jacky

That's good news that the dermatologist doesn't think that the lumps could be spread from your original melanoma. 

I saw my dermatologist for the first time in 15 months last week, because of covid, and she wants to remove a mole from my back which she thinks has changed. I'll be keeping everything crossed that it's nothing.

x

Community Champion Badge

• Glad you have one that is doing all the checks, and keeping an eye open.

Hope it is removed soon and everything comes back clear

Jacky