dan&tramers

• 7 replies
  • 67 subscribers

anyone else on dab and tram meds? 

• Hiya, 

I am - I’ve been on them since Boxing Day - so just coming up to 4 months x 

• Was on it for 12 months through out 2019. 

• hi,  only 1 month so far 4me. do side effects, eg tierdness increase over time or stay constant, or do new side errects appear over time?

derek

• hi,  only 1 month so far 4me. do side effects, eg tierdness increase over time or stay constant, or do new side errects appear over time?  derek

• Hi Derekw, 

Hope it’s going ok. I can only speak for what’s been happening for me as it seems that it can affect people differently. I’ve been on them for just over 4 months and for me things have got easier, I’ve also realised that I need to take it easy when side effects happen rather than trying to battle on. 

My side effects - high temperatures, tiredness, sore legs, gum pain, acne all happened early on and they have all improved. 

I was really tired to begin with and was having lots of naps during the day, but I have a lot more energy now. I get quite a lot of leg pain that has probably been the mousy constant, but gentle exercise makes it much better. I did suffer from high temperatures and ended up in hospital early on for a couple of nights but I was told by the consultant to take paracetomol regularly which I still do and I haven’t had this side effect for a while now. I also had acne which has calmed down. 

So, to cut a long story short - yes, for me things have got much easier but part of that is me realising that when I don’t feel 100% I need to take things a bit easier and anything that I am worried about I get in touch with the medical team. 

keep telling your medical team about the side effects you are having and that way they can try to make things as easy as possible for you. 

Apologies for the long reply, but hope that helps! 

Xx 

• Hi josie, 

thanks for reply. reassuring to hear it gets better over time.

more in a while, 

derek

• Hi  I have been on Dab / Tram for 26 months now and my experience is that initially my side effects were as others have described ie, fever, temperature, leg pains, fatigue, loss of appetite etc but after a 48hr treatment break 3 months in the side effects all but disappeared. All was well until a few months ago when the fatigue took hold again, I have discussed this with my oncologist and he explained that the fatigue is a compounded effect of taking the meds it will most likely will remain and could possibly get worse ? I have learned to understand how to make the most of things with the fatigue so as to have minimal effect on my day to day and I guess this is a small price to pay for the massive benefit Dab / Tram has given me.