Stage 2A Diagnosis SSMM

• 1 reply
  • 55 subscribers

Interested to hear if anyone has had same issue after surgery as my husband. Diagnosed with Stage 2A SSMM on left thigh in January 2024. Had WLE and SLNB 7th February, 2024 and he has had constant clear fluid leaking from the wound. This last few days we have been changing the dressing twice daily due to dressings being saturated. Wound appears to be healing although there is a slight gap evident and we can see the fluid leaking as we are redressing. Does not appear to be infected, red or swollen.  Is this part of the healing process and a case of ‘everyone is different’? He will be attending the clinic on Thursday for follow up but interested to hear from others who may have/had same issue. Appreciate any advice.

• I was having dressing changes at my local doctors after my op as there was concerns of not closing properly and infection as I'm higher risk of it, I just rang and spoke to the nurses about my situation and they were happy to see me up to 2 times a week but also gave me plenty of dressings and iodine patches. I'd contact local doctors if your concerned, they've said to me if I'm worried about anything ask! 

Hope everything goes well though x