Mri scan and ct scan

• 6 replies
  • 55 subscribers

Hi has anyone had a ct body  scan contrast and mri head with contrast on the same day.  Mines been booked at the same hospital and same department so must be OK. But itsconly 1 hour 40mins in between

• Hi Miss Mole

I have them booked on the same day I have mine this Sunday.

CT scan first then the MRI, both contrast, at the same hospital I have one then the other... 

I hope this helps 

Sending big hugs xx

• Thanks I had them both done yesterday was fine.

1. Is it possible to ask why you had a CT and MRI?? I got diagnosed with 1b melanoma had my WLE SLNB all back clear but never had either of these scans at all. Sorry if I sound stupid asking. Is this standard practice or is it cause your melanoma had spread? That these test were done??
  • Is a CT and MRI standard procedure?? I had 1b melanoma had wle slnb and all clear now as melanoma had not spread. Do you get ct and mri if melanoma has spread??

• Hi it's not stupid mine was stage 3a so have to have checks every 3-6 months but CT scan was for side effects of medication. Your is early stage meaning it's only in the skin. Have you got to have your lymph nodes checked.

• Thank you for replying, yea had lymph nodes taken out and they were all clear thankfully