Chilblains on pembrolizumab

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi there I have developed very sore feet.  The soles of my feet are sore and I now have chilblains. I did read that treatment can cause  changes in vascular system. Does anyone else experience these symptoms. I am on treatment number 6 . Treatment is for stage 3 c melanoma. Thanks all

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Having sore feet must be very unpleasant and I can see that you've also posted this question in the Ask A Nurse section of the online community. I'm not sure if you've seen the reply yet but they said:

"One of the rarer side effects of pembrolizumab can be peripheral neuropathy. This is damage to the nerves in the hands or feet that can cause tingling, numbness and/or pain.

It is important to tell your treatment team if you notice any new symptoms that may be caused by treatment, or if your symptoms are getting worse. We would encourage you to contact them regarding this new development. They are best placed to assess you and take appropriate action. If you do have nerve damage it is better if it is diagnosed as early as possible."

Anne 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"