Lympho Vascular invasion

• 50 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi all.

Not been on here for quite a while.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Just a couple of things on a letter I received on Saturday from the Cristie in Manchester that mean nothing to me.

It was quite a long letter to my docs from the Christie after having my meeting with the plastic surgeon consultant on the 9th November.

I got told at the start of all this that I had superficial spreading melanoma, pt3a, stage 2a, none ulcerated, Braf positive, fully excised with clear margins.

These are some of the things said from the letter I received on Saturday that was sent to my doctor word for word as below :-

3.9mm beslow thickness melignant melanoma left medial thigh.
pT3a, Stage 2a with Lympho Vascular Invasion and mitotic rate 9mm2.
Completely excised 2.2mm peripheral margin and 4.1mm deep margin.

On examination there was a nicely healed scar on left medial thigh with no signs local or regional recurrence and no lymphadenopathy.

Plan including wide local excision with 2cm margin of the liaison to reduce the chance of the tumor recurrence a sentinel lymph node biopsy.

A nice lady on a forum said that Lympho Vascular Invasion meant it had reached the blood vessels or lymph vessels, so if that is the case doesn't that mean that it hasn't actually been completely excised with clear margins as it is in the blood or lymph vessels.

I am just thinking, with it reaching the blood vessels or lymph vessels it is being carried to the lymph nodes i.e like a river carrying a boat, if you know what I mean.

I have no idea what a mitotic rate 9mm2 means.

Also have no idea lymphadenopathy means ?

Can somebody please shed some light on these for me.

I know I am clutching at straws, but thought I was in with a slim chance it may have not reached the lymph nodes.

Thank you all 

Simon 

• Also you have to have a few scans to make sure your fit before treatment and scans during treatment. The scans are fine. I had to wait 8 weeks for surgery results hope you get yours a bit quicker then that.

• Just take one step at a time I don't want to scare you.

• Hi Miss Mole.

Hope you are doing ok.

I have not been feeling well all week, felt like I have got a sore throat, but it doesn't hurt to swallow and doesn't feel scratchy and I feel achy all over.

I really thought that they would not do the dye thing today ready for my WLE and SLNB tomorrow (groin).

Not sure if I am just run down to be honest.

But as long as I had done my COVID test they still did it at 2pm today.

Had 4 needles in the top of my inner thigh and the scan took about 25 mins in total.

The chap who did it was really nice and quite witty.

I watched on the screen as it was happening.

When it was over he said it was 2 lymph nodes, so I asked does that mean it's spread to 2 lymph nodes in my groin and he said no, these are the 2 lymph nodes they will remove tomorrow.

I said is it common for 2 lymph nodes and he said it's more common in 1 but still very common in 2, he has seen it in 3 but not as much.

Just hope I feel better tomorrow, just want it over and done with.

Thank you Miss Mole.

Simon.

• Hi Latchbrook.

Hope you are doing ok.

I have not been feeling well all week, felt like I have got a sore throat, but it doesn't hurt to swallow and doesn't feel scratchy and I feel achy all over.

I really thought that they would not do the dye thing today ready for my WLE and SLNB tomorrow (groin).

Not sure if I am just run down to be honest.

But as long as I had done my COVID test they still did it at 2pm today.

Had 4 needles in the top of my inner thigh and the scan took about 25 mins in total.

The chap who did it was really nice and quite witty.

I watched on the screen as it was happening.

When it was over he said it was 2 lymph nodes, so I asked does that mean it's spread to 2 lymph nodes in my groin and he said no, these are the 2 lymph nodes they will remove tomorrow.

I said is it common for 2 lymph nodes and he said it's more common in 1 but still very common in 2, he has seen it in 3 but not as much.

Just hope I feel better tomorrow, just want it over and done with.

Thank you.

Simon.

• Hi good luck for tomorrow.

• Al the best for tomorrow.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Morning.

Got to the Christie at 6.45am.

1st one in theatre at 8.45am, was woken up at 10.45am.

We went home at 1.15pm.

It is very sore where my WLE was done at the top / middle part of my inner left thigh, but i have some co-codamels left over from when i had my kidney stone pain, so it helps a bit.

Pain not so bad from where my SLNB was done on my groin, they took 2 out and said they were very very close to each other so they could probably get them out in one go.

I know they told me from my initial biopsy that it was all taken out and I had clear margins, and I know I am just probably clutching at straws hoping it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes.

If it has, which it probably has, then I will just have to take it from there I suppose.

Have a lovely weekend.

Weather is horrible here in sunny Manchester Frowning2️

Simon x 

• Great to hear that everything went smoothy with your ops Simon.

I took paracetamol and ibuprofen as recommended by the hospital for a couple of days after my ops and was fine after that. The wound areas were just a bit on the sore side but soon calmed down.

When should you get your results?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi.

Thank you.

When I went to see the plastic surgeon and SCN a few weeks ago they said 4 to 6 weeks for results.

Then yesterday a nurse before my op said approx 3 weeks.

Then in the recovery ward another nurse said about 1 week.

To be honest I would rather it be after Christmas, don't want to hear bad news before Christmas.

Take care.

Simon.