Seroma

• 3 replies
  • 59 subscribers

Hi all I had my WLE and SLNB carried out 3 weeks ago with the WLE on my knee and lymph nodes removed from my groin and pelvis. I have since developed a seroma in my groin. This is really painful and sore with a dragging feeling down my leg. I’m not sure about having it drained as I have read they just come back and there is a risk of infection. My WLE wound is fine and after having to have a brace on my leg this I feel is doing ok. I am just struggling with the seroma and being able to bend and walk with it. 

has anyone else had this and any advice. Thanks xx

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I was fortunate that I didn't develop a seroma so don't have any experience to share. However, there are quite a few people in the group who have had one and  is the most recent person in the group to post about it. I have 'tagged' them into my reply to you and hopefully they'll pop on and share their experiences with you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there percy, sorry you are in pain with your seroma, i was a bit difficult to you, i had my primary on my shin  wich recovered well, then a spread to my groin lymph nodes, i had the full dissection , but had a lot of trouble with a lot of drainage,eventuallythey took the drain out, but then i had leakage a lot! Then developed seroma and cellulitis and was quite poorly, eventually after being full of antibiotics, and another drain in i came home after 3 weeks, and apart from lymphadaema,wich is a nuisance, but i am not in pain, and cope ok, im 85, i prehaps thing being on your knee must make it awkward for you, and prehaps its still a bit numb, as mine is good luck 

Betful
  • Hi Percy sorry to hear your in pain with your seroma .I had WLE and groin dissection with drain on my right leg .i ended up with a seroma ,Which I had drained .I will say when they drain the seroma ,I didn’t feel anything but relief that the seroma was going down flat  and the discomfort ,and pain had gone .i did have the seroma come back 2 more times and drained again (this won’t happen to everyone)but I didn’t get a infection .take care